Friday, December 3, 2010

Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory - Key West, FL


When we made plans to visit Key West I knew one of the places we had to go in and check out was the Butterfly and Nature Conservatory.  I have always held a special place in my heart for butterflies, I even have one tatooed on my back.  Their symbolism to change from one thing into something more beautiful has always been an inspiration.  The prices were a little high, but I knew that going in.  I think it was $45 for the four of us (3 adults, 1 child) with a $1 off coupon that we had on our map.  We entered into a double door area and then proceeded into the atrium.  It was breath taking.  There were 1000s of butterflies flying around as well as different species of birds and koi.  As we were walking a butterfly landed on Duane's hat and hung out with us for a while.  Below are some pictures we took while inside the exhibit.  Even though it is a little pricey, I would recommend this to anyone who has never been.










No comments:

Post a Comment